Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Have in Germany, but Didn’t Have in America
Let’s have some fun comparing life in Germany vs. USA! Last week, we shared with you 10 things we had in America but no longer have in Germany. This week, it’s all about the cool new stuff we have in our home in Germany, but didn’t have in the USA.
Life in Germany vs. USA
Here are 10 things (plus a bonus thing, so 11) we have in Germany but didn’t have in America. This is just for fun! For those of you who love when Kevin talks about our cat, you’ll like this episode! All countries have their pros and cons and things they can teach us. Keep an open mind – that’s what traveling and living abroad is all about. And remember, this is in OUR experience. We are not speaking for ALL German or American homes.
Also, our other disclaimer is that just because we have these things in our German house, doesn’t mean ALL German houses are like our’s. Not everyone has a cobblestone driveway, for instance.
- 0:00 – 10 Things We Have in Germany but Didn’t Have in America – plus clips of our daily lives this past month so you can see what we’ve been up to!
- 2:09 – 1 – Radiant Floor Heating
- 3:08 – 2 – Thick, concrete walls 4:04 – 3 – A hidden fridge and freezer 😉
- 4:51 – 4 – Multiple trash cans for all of the recycling
- 6:18 – 5 – The coolest windows ever
- 7:07 – 6 – Wooden shutters that actually work (or Rolladen)
- 8:15 – 7 – A pool
- 8:57 – 8 – A hiking trail out of our backyard
- 9:41 – 9 – Cobblestones in our driveway and backyard
- 10:26 – 10 – Our cat has become a killer cat 😉 LOL
- 11:26 – A bonus thing we forgot in the original recording – BEDETS
In February 2021, we picked up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube. You can watch them from the beginning to the current day! You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified when a new video is posted.