In this post and video, we share all about buying a car in Germany as Americans. We share the highs, the lows, the easy parts, and the challenges. Overall, though, it was a smooth and easy experience!
In February of 2021, we picked up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Buying a Car in Germany as Americans
We were able to buy a car here in Germany – ALL on our own. This is after we spent our first two and a half months here in Germany with no car, which shows it can be done! How did we survive? ? Well, watch our video to find out! You’ll also see scenes from our visit to Maria Eck, a monastery, chapel, restaurant and Klostergasthof with panoramic views of Chiemsee and all the way to Munich.
- 0:00 – See scenes from our daily lives and local travels in our area
- 1:29 – A little bit about us and our cat
- 2:56 – How we’ve survived without a car thus far
- 5:27 – How we decided on the car that we bought
- 10:54 – Kevin and Grayson ride their bicycles to go car shopping
- 16:46 – How we did car insurance
- 17:57 – We learn so much from your comments – thank you!
- 19:04 – We paid full sticker price – was that a good idea?!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube. You can watch them from the beginning to the current day! You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified when a new video is posted.